On Sept. 26, 2019, the American Communities Project published a report on rural America, supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Four videos from the release event follow.
Session 1: The American Communities Project Director Dante Chinni reveals report findings.
Session 2: Rural community leaders share their stories and insights with the ACP’s Ari Pinkus.
- Roberto Becerril, Project Manager, Neighborhood & Development Services, City of Garden City in Finney County, Kansas
- Daniel Busch, Mayor of Salem in Fulton County, Arkansas
- Ellen Huber, Business Development & Communications Director, City of Mandan in Morton County, North Dakota
- Ericka Nicholson, Director, Gove County Economic Development in Gove County, Kansas
- Cedric Williams, Mayor of Forrest City in St. Francis County, Arkansas
Session 3: The ACP chats with Dee Davis, president of the Center for Rural Strategies, and Matthew Chase, CEO/executive director of the National Association of Counties, about key learnings and next steps.